Monday, November 17, 2008

On the Rebound

Yesterday, what I swear will be my lowest daily word count was logged. Today we're on the upswing again. I visited with my people for 832 words. You wouldn't think that was much but it was enough to let them know that I'm still here and were going to get this party started again on Tuesday, full out to the end!

And lest you think I'm making this whole thing up (which I am, the novel's content not the novel itself) here's a little tidbit that contains the 25,000th word. (remember: editing comes later).

“Allen’s a bit too much of a dick for that.” he found himself saying out loud as he placed one more wine bottle into the array. He pulled out his tire bouchon, the one he’d found in the antique store in the Marias during the last wine buying tour he and Allen had made in the summer. With deft hands, he flipped open the little knife and sliced through the lead foil around the cork. Snapping the knife back in place he pulled out the corkscrew and lever and made quick work of twisting it down deep into the cork and then pulling it free. Now that bottle could breathe too.

1 comment: