Sunday, November 23, 2008

Taiko

Tonight I took a break from the writing to go see Taiko drummers perform. Athleticism, rhythm, grace, power, and noise! But what struck me most was how much they smiled . . . at the music, at each other, at the shear delight in creation.

I like to imagine all my fellow NaNoWriMo participants in one room, the sound of our keystrokes rising to a cacophony, and most of all, our smiles as we peer over our keyboards and delight in our shared creativity.

Collectively, we have hit over 1 million words! How's that for some noise?

2 comments:

  1. great visual. :)

    i wanted to see the taiko performance...i love taiko. but i was driving back from sacramento after a day filled with history, protest, friendship & solidarity...it was a good trade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. um...ooops. SMCEA is me...a blog under my user profile. :)

    ReplyDelete