Friday, November 7, 2008

Spillover

The slog phase (or the first slog phase) has begun. Sitting and writing for hours, allowing unrepentant drivel to pour forth, is hard work. The inner critics are getting hoarse from all their shouting.

But are upsides, and they are these:
1. Exercise seems appealing. It couldn't be any more unpleasant and it doesn't require a keyboard.
2. Ditto on eating right. Comfort food just isn't up to the task of beating back the slog-energy so might as well fuel the mind and body well to reduce the suffering.
3. Story telling fatigue. Since all my creative juices are being poured into this "novel" it leaves little energy for making up stories about my own life. You know the ones, like why hasn't so-and-so called, do I belong, does my hair look nice. The stories we tell ourselves on a regular basis. No energy for that anymore.

NaNoWriMo . . . a much better escape than watching TV!

1 comment:

  1. your hair is hot, so and so is missing out, and from what my other writer friends are telling me....this is an inevitable phase.
    keep the faith, sister!
    you're doing great.
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete