Saturday, November 1, 2008

The Starting Line

OK, all the pieces are in place. I've cracked open the great starter kit "No Plot, No Problem!", read the instructions, joined the website, created the writing space, set up the blog. Let's see, what else can I do to procrastinate?

So much resonance between this and my other project: the Rocket Ship workshops. There's the excitement of beginning, the lessons that will be learned, and then the hard process of actually seeing it through. A skill, a capacity, that needs cultivation. I love the tenor of the starter kit (funny, compassionate) and think we could use some of that in the Rocket Ship in particular and the world in general. Functioning in chaos, walking on the high log of a ropes course, moving through the unknown . . . we have it in us.

OK, I'm wasting words here when I need them in my novel. 

Wish me luck!

6 comments:

  1. Go, Amy, Go! You're an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending you wishes that you will be filled with thousands of words that flow from you fingers with no effort what so ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amy! This sounds like fabulous fun! I'll be on the sidelines watching, learning and cheering you on!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...now that's a goal. Plot, theme? Hmmm...let's see if I can help...most good sailing stories start, "And there I was..."

    then again, maybe not. ;)

    best of luck...and i'd be happy to read!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "When we relate creatively and playfully to our worlds, we minimize the experience of feeling caught in someone else's mechanizations. Playing, creating, we are alive in space and time. Wishes and objects intersect. Whole spectra of feeling replace the sense of futility"
    --from The Storyteller's Goddess.
    YEEHAAAA! xoLydia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amy, this sounds like a fantastic project. the great American novel in 30 days. Cool. Oh, and by the way - plots are overrated. :) Have fun - Tracy

    ReplyDelete